- Click on Admin/Setup section from the top menu.
- Click on Forms/Flows
- Click on Add Flow
- Provide the basic information about the approval
- Provide approval route information
- Configure form
- Define approval chain
Basic Information for Approval
The basic information approval includes
- Title of the approval workflow i.e. “Leave Approval Form” in this scenario.
- Description i.e. “Leave approval form request”.
- Organisation Unit(OU)to whom the form have to be made visible. This provides a flexibility to create leave form for each OU or create different approval chain for different OU.
- Form category to which the approval form will belong.
- If the form is set to enabled then it is displayed in the list of forms else it is store in the archive. We do maintain versioning of forms.
Approval Route Information
The approval route information includes
- Define the approval category/group. For e.g. if the leave approval has multiple phases or stage i.e. Internal Team, Human Resource, Finance then we can create 3 approval group and configure approver for each group.
- The approval across group can work in a sequential manner or in parallel depending upon the Approval Mode. For e.g. if it set to sequential then Internal Team will go for approval first and once all approvers are done then only it goes to next group.
- The approver type define whether the approvers can be pre-define or user define. In case of pre-define the administrator while creating the form can define the approval chain. In case of user define the end user can define the approval chain.
- Approver File Upload can be used to configure whether approver can upload the file or not.
- Approver process if flow is Resubmitted is configure to ensure how cancel approval can be sent for approval again. If it set to “Start from begining” then re-submitting for approval will have all approvers irrespective of whether they have approved previously and if it set to “Continue where left off” then re-submitting for approval will only have the approvers who have rejected and pending for previously.
Configuring form is creating the approval form. The form can be categorized into multiple sections. Each section have their own fields relevant for approval. The section can configured to display in
- One column layout
- Two column layout
Configure the field as required by the approval form. Each field can be define to store particular type of data such as
We can also define list of values to be displayed in combo box. The type of field is “Select List” for such list of values.
Define Approval Chain
Configure the approval chain for the leave approval. For e.g the approval chain is
- On submit, the manager of the user should approved it.
- After manager, the HR should approved it as it need to check the leaves details.
- The HOD can be marked as FYI.
Once its save the user can see their requests within the form category specified i.e. HR in this case.
The use clicks on Start for the Leave approval and provide information and submit for approval.